Keepsake Softie Care
Treating your keepsake softie with care will keep it looking new for years to come. All the Keepsakes by Nicoleta softies are handcrafted keepsake mementos and are in no way to be considered toys and therefore must be used for display purposes only. These are not suitable for children.
Here are a few instructions for proper care and to help keep your keepsake in optimal condition:
- Display your keepsake softie out of direct sunlight to keep the colours from fading
- Treat any stains immediately with small, equal amounts of mild soap and water. The softies are not machine washable or dry cleanable. Dust gently using a lint roller or gentle brush
- If you choose to store your keepsake, put it in a calico bag, in a cotton sheet or a pillowcase. Every few months, open up the keepsake and let it air for 2–3 hours. Do not store in plastic boxes to avoid moulding and yellow spots.
Keepsake Quilt Care
- Avoid displaying your quilt keepsake in direct sunlight to keep colours from fading.
- Treat any stains immediately with small, equal amounts of mild soap and water and use the delicate/gentle cycle in cold water for machine washing (wash the quilt by itself). Spread out a clean sheet and lay the quilt flat on top of the sheet to dry. Never line dry and do not wring. If it can’t lay flat, dry the quilt on low heat in a dryer for the first few minutes and finish by air drying.
- To store your quilt, fold it or roll loosely to prevent creases and wrap in a cotton sheet or pillowcase. Every few months, open up the quilt and let it air for 2–3 hours. Refold, changing the position of the creases. It is best to store the quilt in dark, dry places. Do not store in plastic boxes as these tend to accumulate humidity and develop mould and yellow spots.
I hope you will have your keepsake to treasure forever and enjoy it as much as I loved making it for you. If you have any concerns at all, please feel free to contact me.
Warmest regards, Nicoleta